INFORMATION ON THE BBBEE VERIFICATION PROCESS
1. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
This document provides information on the verification process as conducted by B-Logic Certification. This document should be read and understood in full before commencement with the application.
B-Logic’s aim is to establish the B-BBEE status of companies, closed corporations etc through the verification process in accordance with the Generic Codes of Good Practice, Verification Manual and applicable Sector Codes.
3. THE APPLICATION FORM
The applicant must complete the application form. It is important to reveal the annual turnover threshold and in which industry the applicant’s scope of activities are. This is to ensure that the applicant is classified correctly to be verified in terms of a QSE or Generic Scorecard and Gazetted Sector Codes.
4. THE APPLICATION PROCESS
B-Logic will forward all the necessary documentation to the client to familiarize them self with the procedures and relevant requirements. The applicant will be required to complete and sign the following documentation and return to our office before commencement of the verification process, by an accredited verification Agency:
a) Application form
Applications will not be processed until the documentation and proof of payment has been received.
5. THE VERIFICATION PROCESS
- After all required completed and signed documentation as per paragraph 4 have been received, the administration department will register the applicant, and forward the relevant requirement checklists, depending on the scorecard to be measured against and to which Gazetted Sector Codes.
- All evidentiary documents, as per the requirements to substantiate the elements to be verified, must be send to B-Logic by registered mail, or courier service, bulk e-mail or faxed.
- Evidentiary documentation for a QSE must be submitted to our offices within sixty (60) working days and for a Generic Scorecard within ninety (90) working days.
- Evidentiary documentation submitted will be assessed to determine if it conforms to the normative standard as per the dti’s methodology. The applicant will be notified of any shortcomings in writing.
- On request of the applicant a letter confirming that B-Logic is busy with the process. The validity of the letter will only cover the sixty (60) working day period for a QSE, ninety (90) working day period for a Generic Scorecard. The letter will only be extended on written request from the applicant showing good cause for the request and will only be valid for thirty (30) working days from date of issue.
- The verification process will proceed after the sixty(60) / ninety (90) working day period irrespective whether all evidentiary documentation has been received and the applicant will be verified on evidentiary documentation submitted. The applicant can apply for an extension of time to submit requested documentation, however must show good cause for the request. When the deadline date is reached and no request for extension or documentation was received the registration of the applicant will be cancelled and all monies paid be forfeited in terms of the Agreement entered into.
6. ASSESSMENT OF EVIDENTIARY DOCUMENTATION
After the evidentiary documentation has been received a risk assessment will be done by B-Logic and the applicant will be contacted to confirm the documents received.
B-Logic signs a Business Code of Conduct and Confidentiality undertaking prior to commencement of employment.
All information and documentation submitted to B-Logic, will only be used for the purpose of verification. It will not be reproduced or disclosed to a third party without the written consent of the applicant as governed by our Agreement.
9. LOGO AND VERIFICATION CERTIFICATE
The use of EME Certifications cc logo is not permitted other than stipulated on the application form and only after written consent from management.